Kid's Clothes Week - Day Three

April 24, 2013

 
Okay, so I went over time budget on Day Three of Kid's Clothes Week, but I had a rare two hour day time window yesterday (Issie at kinder, Juliette and Emily asleep), so I kept on going and got this jacket finished last night.
 

I love this pattern so much I have made it three times.  It is the Little Uptown Girl jacket by Make it Perfect.  I made it up in a size 1 for Emily (who is almost 14 months).  I sewed slightly narrower seams so that hopefully this will also fit her next year. 

My first Uptown Girl jacket is here and the second one here.  Juliette now fits into the first jacket, so all three of our girls have one of these to keep them warm!


The jacket is fully lined so takes some time to construct as you are essentially making two jackets.  It is a straightforward pattern though and very satisfying to put together.  I was lucky to score the checked wool fabric for free from the mother of a friend of a friend (it pays to tell people you sew...and love free fabric!).  I lined it with this gorgeous print I found at my local Spotlight.  It is called Woodland Walk by Belle and Boo.  I was very excited when I found it, as not only does it match perfectly, it is also so pretty and perfect for an incy, wincy little girl!
 
 
 
I went a bit overboard with photos, but I thought since Emily hasn't featured so much on my blog so far, that she needed some air time!
 

 

Project details:
Pattern - Little Uptown Girl, by Make it Perfect
Materials - gifted wool; cotton lining is Woodland Walk by Belle and Boo
Cost - about $13 worth of cotton lining.  Thrifted buttons
Time taken - approx. 2.5 hours

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. The coat is really nice, I love the fabric you used!
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz, this is beautiful, I can't believe it only took 2.5 hours to make! I love the style and the fabrics you have used, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks leeanne:) I Have started stitching one of the patterns you sent me. Thought I would take a leaf from your book with including time and costs:)

      Delete
  3. this is gorgeous! Love the fabric choices - what a score on the free grey wool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. completely adorable! it looks super snuggly with that wool too...might have to go and check out the belle and boo fabric at spotlight - it's super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni! Yes the fabric is so sweet!

      Delete
  5. Suz this is so very sweet. I should try making a coat now after seeing how lovely yours looks. Isn't that Belle and Boo fabric sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet coat! And, of course, I LOVE the fabric you used! I cant believe how much sewing you manage to get done!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww she is the cutest! That coat is awesome - I've made it a couple of times as well, great pattern. I saw that Belle & Boo fabric at Spotty this morning but didn't get any - I must go back quick, I think it will sell out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely! I saw the Belle & boo fabric at SL, but wouldn't think what to do with it, so didn't get any. I'm sure it'll all be gone when I finally think of something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily and the jacket are adorable. I love all the pictures. I just ordered this pattern last weekend and I am hoping to make it on Saturday (if the pattern comes in time).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look how big Emily has gotten! She's such a cutie.:) Love the jacket...the lining fabric is perfect for little girls. I recently purchased this pattern and am looking forward to making it when fall/winter comes around again for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the fabric and the lining is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jacket, and such a cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pure cuteness. That jacket is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabric choices (the Belle & Boo print is utterly gorgeous!)
    Your little girl is growing so fast. What a cutie!!
    Ana Sofia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼